Oh, well, I really wanted to post this with this title ahahahah.
Here’s a little introduction about the meme, which was created by The Broke and the Bookish:
“Human” (Christina Perri) could be a nice them for Cinder, the first book of The Lunar Chronicles series, by Marissa Meyer. I haven’t read it yet, but Cinder, the main character, is a cyborg and I think that the lyrics of “Human” might describe what Cinder feels about being different.
“But I’m only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I’m only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
‘Cause I’m only human”
- Alive (Sia) was written for Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games trilogy) , for sure! Like, seriously, if you haven’t listened to it yet, listen and check the lyrics! Damn, I love you, Sia!
THIS: “I had a one way ticket to a place where all the demons go
Where the wind don’t change
And nothing in the ground can ever grow
No hope, just lies
And you’re taught to cry into your pillow
But I survived”
IT REALLY SOUNDS LIKE SIA IS DESCRIBING THE FIRST THG BOOK! HOLY CRAP!
- “Unconditionally” (Katy Perry): I think this song is perfect for A Court of Thorns and Roses, by Sarah J. Maas. It’s like it was Feyre who wrote this! It totally describes her feelings for Tamlin!! **
I will love you unconditionally
There is no fear now
Let go and just be free
I will love you unconditionally”
- “Kiss Me” (Ed Sheeran): OMG, THIS SONG IS DEFINITELY PERFECT TO DESCRIBE WHAT DEAN HOLDER FEESL ABOUT THE WHOLE SKY’S SITUATION AND THER RELATIONSHIP! By the way, this characters are from Hopeless, by Colleen Hoover. Yes, if you haven’t read it yet, you should. THE. FEELS.
“Settle down with me
And I’ll be your safety
You’ll be my lady”
- “When the Darkness Comes” (Colbie Caillat): I know, this song was in City of Bones-The Mortal Instruments soundtrack (I’m talking about the movie, of course), but I think it’s perfect for Shadow and Bone, by Leigh Bardugo. It kind of sounds like it was written by Alina (the main character) to show how she feels about the Darkling, but also how she feels about her new “identity”.
“Underneath the echoes
Buried in the shadows
There you were
Drawn into your mystery
I was just beginning
To see your ghost
But you must know
I’ll be here waiting
Hoping, praying that
This light will guide you home
When you’re feeling lost I’ll leave my love
Hidden in the sun
For when the darkness comes”
Now, let’s talk about songs that could be books! The first choice is definitely my favorite!
- “Castle” (Halsey): HALSEY IS FREAKING BRILLIANT AND THIS SONG IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES EVER!!!!!! It has this fantasy vibe with hints of dystopian vibes as well! OMG, THIS SONG IS SO FREAKING AWESOME!
“I’m headed straight for the castle
They wanna make me their queen
And there’s an old man sitting on the throne that’s saying that I probably shouldn’t be so mean
I’m headed straight for the castle
They’ve got the kingdom locked up
And there’s an old man sitting on the throne that’s saying I should probably keep my pretty mouth shut”
- “Broken Glass” (Sia): Sia is one of my favorite singer/songwriters, too! SHE IS FABULOUS!! And this song???? OMG! I think it would be perfect as a New Adult book! **
“I’m not discarding you like broken glass
There are no winners when the die is cast
There’s only tears when it’s the final chance
So don’t give up, it’s just young lovers’ romance
So don’t give up, it’s just young lovers’ romance”
- “Fight Song” (Rachel Platten): This song is so beautiful! It would definitely be perfect as a YA novel where the main character is kind of lost and is suffering, but then she/he finds the strength in themselves!
“Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion”
- “Control” (Halsey): ANOTHER HALSEY’S SONG BECAUSE SHE IS PERFECT AND THIS SONG IS SO BADASS! It would totally be amazing as a Fantasy/Dystopian novel written in the villain’s POV! HOW COOOL WOULD THAT BE????
“I’m bigger than my body
I’m colder than this home
I’m meaner than my demons
I’m bigger than these bones”
- “A Drop in the Ocean” (Ron Pope): This song is so beautiful, too! I think it could be YA novel, where the main characters are star-crossed lovers or one of them didn’t appreciate the time he/she had with the other one! Sad, I know.
“A drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
It’s like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert
But I’m holding you closer than most ’cause you are my heaven”
I hope you liked this post! There’s another weekly meme coming! See you soon!