Hello, bookish people! I hope you are all well! I din’t post this yesterday because I had other things to do for college, but here it is now!
Here’s a little introduction about the meme, which was created by The Broke and the Bookish:
This week’s theme is: Ten Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don’t Get or Ten Characters I LOVE But Others Seem To Dislike.
I choose the first topic! Here we go!
1. Bella, Twilight Series: She is one of the worst female characters that I have seen in my whole life! I have to be honest, I’ve only read Breaking Dawn (the last book) because at that time, I think it was enough that I have already watched the first 3 movies and, therefore, I didn’t need to read the first books (I know! I don’t think like this anymore!). Anyway, Bella is a terrible female character and there are so many people that love her!
3. Étienne St. Clair, Anne and the French Kiss. Who the hell loves a guy who cheats? He may be “perfect”… I mean, everyone loves him because his name is French, he has a British accent, but he’s American, but ughhhhh…. Are you serioulsy in love with a cheater? One thing that I didn’t like about the book was the fact that Anne got so much hate for kissing Étienne while he was dating, but no one said a damn thing about him kissing her while he already had a girlfriend… The book is cute and I actually gave it 4 out of 5 stars, but these “little” things annoy me…
4. Mal Oretsev, The Grisha trilogy: I have only read the first book, Shadow and Bone, but I really don’t understand why there are so many people that love him… He literally didn’t care much about his best friend, Alina, so… Yup… Besides, I didn’t see as someone who has many qualities…
5. Gale Hawthorne, The Hunger Games trilogy: Ok, Gale does have some good things. He’s a fighter, he has his own beliefs and wants to fight for what is right. But… I still don’t like him that much! Why didn’t he understand Katniss’s situation, for God’s sake? Wasn’t he a little bit selfish?
6. Everyone (except an old man that helped the main character a lot- I don’t even know his name) from The Tiger’s Curse: I have said some times that I really hate this book. Like, I REALLY HATE IT! The characters are really AWFUL! UGHHHHHHH! Especially the main one! I don’t even remember their names!!! I seriously cannot believe that this book is going to get a movie… There are so many great books that deserve a movie, and there this this asshole…. Ops.
Well, let’s end this right here because I don’t think there are many characters that everyone loves, but I don’t…
Are there characters that everyone loves, but you don’t? Or characters that you love, but everyone hates?
I hope I get some answers from you! See you tomorrow!