Heyyyyy, bookish people! I hope you are enjoying your Spring Break! I may be at home, but I don’t have a break… I actually have to study for 2 exams and I am still writing my essay about a Portuguese boring book…. Ughhh….
I should have posted this yesterday, but I didn’t feel like writing something yesterday. After all, I tried to study something and I didn’t do much, and I felt guilty…. When I feel guilty, I get upset and that’s why I didn’t post this yesterday…
By the way, I’m going to talk about 5 books, not 10. It’s already a little bit late here and I would like to read the last pages of that boring Portuguese book I’m reading for college… *sighs*
Here’s a little introduction about the meme, which was created by The Broke and the Bookish:
This week’s theme is: Ten Books I Really Love But Feel Like I Haven’t Talked About Enough/In A While (inspired by freebie topic).
YASSSSSS! LET’S DO THIS!!!
- Between Shades of Gray, by Ruta Sepetys: For those who know me, I’m a slow reader, which means I can take 4, 5 days to read a book, even though I’m enjoying it. I just like to be a slow reader, you know? But this time, I only took 2 days! Yup! This book was AMAZING! That’s why I bought Salt to the Sea, Sepetys’s newest book.
- The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern: This book is so, so good! I think I read it 2 years ago, so I really need to reread this this summer! I read it in Portuguese, but when the translation is done properly, you can see that the author has a good writing. Morgenstern definitely has a magnificent writing! I wish I could buy this book in English! Hmmm, who knows?
- The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) and The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2), by Rick Riordan: Can you believe that these are the only Rick Riordan books that I have ever read? I loved them so much, so I don’t understand myself! I mean… WHY HAVEN’T I BOUGHT HIS OTHER BOOKS???
- The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave #1), by Rick Yancey: I usually don’t like characters like Cassie because they are usually too annoying for my taste, but I actually really liked her! I kind of have a bond with her since I also have a younger sister and I would definitely do everything to get her back! Also, this book is SO FREAKING COOL! YASSSS, ALIENS!
- Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen: I watched the movie 3, 4 times before I read this book (yes, shame on me, I know). Of course that I told myself that I really had to read it and I’M GLAD I MADE THIS DECISION BECAUSE THIS BOOK IS MAGNIFICENT! SUCH A BEAUTIFUL CLASSIC! It’s such a pity that I don’t talk much about it!
Oh, and I have also watched the book-to-tv show adaptation, you know the one with Colin Firth as Mr.Darcy? Oh, it’s so good!
Well, that’s it for today? What about you? What books do you love, but don’t talk much about?