Hello, bookworms! I hope everything is ok with you and I also hope that you are reading amazing books this month!
I’m not going to write a Top Ten Tuesdays because the theme for this week is “Top Ten Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year”. Since many 2016 releases are sequels, I didn’t read them. Also, I haven’t read many books this year. Yet. I am working on that! And even if those releases weren’t sequels, I couldn’t read them because I live in Portugal and it’s not easy to get access to English books, especially because I live in an island. Or I just didn’t have time to read because of college.
But I do have a post for you today, and it’s about an award!
Lauren from @DarlingBear nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thank you, Lauren! And you, my dear readers, should check her amazing blog!
I think I have been nominated for this award, but since I was busy with college, I didn’t pay much attention to awards. I honestly ignored most of them… For those who nominated me for this award, or another one, sorry!
Well, here we go!
1. Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
5. Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
- What was your favourite childhood toy? Barbie dolls! I used to have lots of them! My younger sister destroyed most of them when she liked to play with them. Poor dolls.
- If you have time off, what do you like to do? Besides reading, I love watching TV shows!
- What was the last thing that made you laugh? Probably funny gifs of Benedict Cumberbatch. I love this handsome man, you have no idea.
- Do you have a favourite breakfast? No. My breakfast is always weird because I always feel so sleepy while I eat them. Also, during vacations, it’s really rare for me to eat breakfast. That is going to change do because I’ll follow a diet soon. I am fat and I really need to lose weight. It’s not just about my physical health, it’s also because I feel so unhappy whenever I look at my body.
- Would you visit the moon if you could? DAMN RIGHT I WOULD! AND I WOULD COSPLAY AS SAILOR MOON!
- Who is your favourite actor/actress? BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH, THE LOVE OF MY LIKE! Jennifer Lawrence is my favorite actress, by the way!
- When do you like to read? I like to read at night, probably because everyone is sleeping and I feel peaceful knowing that no one will bother me.
- What do you wear when you want to be comfy and cosy? Hoodies!
- Where would you live if you could choose anywhere? Oh, man… I love Nature, which is why I love my island (São Miguel, Azores), but since I love culture, and art, and museums, and bookish events (all of these are rare in my island), I would like to live in London or in Paris!
- Which of the Disney princesses is your favourite? Belle from Beauty and the Beast is my fave because she loves books and she will give you wondeful feminist lessons.
- Which author would you like to meet in person? Definitely J.K. Rowling because it’s thanks to her that I have found a wonderful path in my life. I would feel so lost without books and literature, and it’s thanks to her Harry Potter books that I found a purpose in my life.
1. I would like to go to London as an Erasmus student.
2. I am a sophomore next year. This first year as a college student happened so fast, tho.
3. As I said, I’ll start following a diet soon. I have an appointment with the doctor this Thursday. Actually, I felt inspired by my best friend, who was also fat and she started following a diet with the same doctor and she looks wonderful and she looks happier than before!
4. I am really fat. I am not saying this for you to feel pity or something like that. I don’t know my weight as pounds or whatever system the US has, but my weight, in kilos, is 97 and I am really short.
5. I know these facts are getting pretty “dark” because I am talking about issues that are important in my life, but I really don’t like my body, but I feel hopeful for the first time in my life because of this new diet. I have been on a diet before when I was 13, 14 years old, but I guess I was kind of young to understand how hard it could be and I gave up. The funny thing is that I acually lost weight in that time of my life.
6. I have never kissed someone in my life. Ever. Probably due to my low self esteem. I am not going to do this diet because of boys, but I do feel terrible and super shy when I try to talk to a guy because I always think they will never like me because I am fat.
7. Ok, let’s talk about happy things: I am going to meet another Portuguese author soon! He’s actually from the Azores, but he’s not from my island. Anyway, I have bought one of his books because I want to read some of his work before I meet him.
8. I am on a reading slump, if you haven’t noticed the lack of book reviews. I am still reading The Final Empire, by Brandon Sanderson. I am loving the book, tho!
9. My favorite colors are blue, green and purple, but specially blue!
10. My favorite tv shows are: BBC Sherlock, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Gilmore Girls and many others.
11. Surprisingly, I fell in love with Benedict Cumberbatch when I saw his acting in 12 Years a Slave. I had seen him in Tumblr gifs because many people I follow love BBC Sherlock, but I had never watched the show. Then, I watched 12 Years a Slave in high school and, even though he didn’t have a major role in that movie, his acting skills surprised me a lot. Then, I watched Star Trek into Darkness. And then I finally watched BBC Sherlock. Then, I understood he took over my life. No regrets, tho.
Nominees (I only chose 3)
1. Nagina @ohbookish
2. Nicole @awayinNeverland
3. Alya @alyareadsalot
11 Questions for my nominees:
- Winter or Summer?
- Where do you live? (just say your country)
- Do you like classic novels? If so, what is your favorite one?
- What is your favorite song at the moment?
- If you could have dinner with someone who is important in our History, who would you choose?
- Would you prefer to work at a library or at a bookstore?
- What was your last read?
- Coffee or tea?
- Hardbacks or paperbacks?
- How many books have you read this year?
- What is your favorite 2016 read?
That’s it for today, guys! Sorry about the weird answers I write above about my weight. I am actually impressed that I talked about that because I never talk about these things with other people, not even with my family. Only with my best friend, tho. And now you :p
Anyway, see you tomorrow!